Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writing and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life. (Matt. 4:4, 7, 10; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-20)
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and so incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death (which is separation from God), and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in case of those who reach an age of moral responsibility, are sinners in thought, word, and deed. (Gen. 1:27; Rom. 5:10-19; 2 Thess. 1:8)
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. (Rom. 3:21-25; 1 John 2:1-2)
6. We believe in the eternal security of the believer; that it is impossible for one genuinely born into the family of God ever to be lost. (Jn. 3:36, 5:24, 10:28-29; Rom. 8:35-38; Eph. 1:13-14, 4:30)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of believers; the eternal heavenly inheritance of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost. (Rev. 20:11-15)
10. We believe in the scriptural ordinances of the church; Baptism and the Lord’s Supper; that believers should be baptized as a symbol of their death, burial and resurrection with Him and that believers should celebrate the Lord’s Supper (or “communion”) to proclaim His death until His return. (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 8:36-39, 10:43-48; 1 Cor. 11:23-33).